24 July 2008

Power Power...NO Power anywhere

I am thumbing the post from the keypad of my trusty Palm Centro. It seems that Hurricane Dolly may be history but she is still very much alive inthe sweaty, sticky hearts of the estimated 200,000 people without power here in deep south Texas. Yours truly included.

It has been over 24 hours since the power went out at home. It is understandable, a hurricane just blew by. However, once the storm past the work crews were out in full force. ..or so it seemed.

I live about 1 mile from two power plants (AEP & Magic Valley Electric Coop). At night I can see the lights of those facilities making 'lectricity. However, right I have to wonder who they are making for because they are not making it for me and my neighbors. As went enter the first evening after Hurricane Dolly, I can only think about two things as I see the facilities light up my night sky: how much are they going raise my rate because they worked to give power and how glad I am I found my car charger last week.

..and how was your day?

No comments: