17 April 2013

About Grudges and Letting That Go!

I have been doing some reflecting and soul searching these past two days. One theme that keeps popping up is "people holding grudges". Then this morning, it hit me, there was one very important person in my life that to the day she died; she carried that grudge for the last 14 years of her life.

14 years is a mighty long time to carry a grudge. Now, I will not speak ill of the dead but I will say this: The grudge she carried could have been avoided if only she had spoken up and said she wanted to be in a photograph.

Now, all I can think is that WARS have started over lesser and more trivial things than that. However, to the individual there was something behind that and I will never know why she chose to latch on to that kind of a grudge. That's OK, there is nothing I can do to find out.

Seriously, there will be days like last Monday (April 15, 2013) that will remind us just how short life really is and to carry a grudge is just as nonsensical as the individual who committed the act of terror in Boston.

Now, please deeply and thoroughly think about this: Do you want people to remember you for the grudges you held or the Love and Forgiveness you gave?

The Choice is Strictly Yours.

I Choose To Give Love and Forgiveness.

---
Remember what Charlotte Brontë in the book "Jane Eyre" wrote: “Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity or registering wrongs.”
Thank you,
Dave Guerra

P.S. I do invite you to join the conversation and tell me what you are thinking.

As always you can read this blog post in its original location at http://daveguerra.blogspot.com

Here are some Technorati Tags: •

No comments: