06 May 2015

The Leadership Minute #27: Courage


The Leadership Minute #27
Character Traits of a Leader: Courage

The popular definition is “the ability to do something that you know is difficult or dangerous.”

The Merriam-Webster type definition is the “mental or moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear or difficulty.” I like that one better.

As a leader you will be tasked, you will be put in situations you do not want to be in. They have got to be addressed, they have got to be taken care of and you are the one that is going to have to do it.

You wanted to be the leader. So guess what you get to do? That’s right, you get to do some of the dirty work. That’s because they are going to look to you to get it done.You are going to have to be out in front. You are going to have to be the one to take that first step. You are going to have to be the “Point Man”. Fail that, you fail them, and you fail yourself.

I invite you to follow me
on TWITTER: @daveguerra
or send me an EMAIL: dave@daveguerra.com

Thank you,
David Guerra

I invite you to follow me on Twitter: @daveguerra • visit my website: www.daveguerra.com

To order your copy of Great To Follow: Amazon paperback / Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble paperback
To order your copy of The Walking LeaderAmazon Paperback / Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble

Here are some Technorati Tags: •

No comments: