16 June 2015

Q & A #DareToBe Tweet Chat: Self-Worth (Tuesday, May 19, 2015)

Every Tuesday evening at 8pm eastern, the #DareToBe tweetchat takes place on Twitter. The #DareToBe tweetchat is hosted by Andrea Sanchez (@asanchez16), an Editor, Writer, Communications Executive and according to her Twitter profile, from Houston, Texas.

Every week a different topic. On the evening of May 19, 2015, the topic was Self-Worth. I could not capture all the twitter based answers to the 10 questions asked by @ASanchez16. However, I present the questions and  my answers (with a bit of amplification). Please enjoy and if you can, please joins us. Look for the #DareToBe hashtag every Tuesday evening.

Self-Worth
Define worthiness.
Worthiness is having a sense of accepted value & character.

What is the difference between worthiness and cockiness?
One has humility written all over it. The other one well, it just ain't right. Cockiness is not something that should be worn as a badge but it should used as benchmark that should be seldom crossed.

I am worthy of _______________.
I am worthy of the results my team and I get from the hard work we put in. We've earned it, together.

How can a humble person be better at acknowledging their self worth?
It may be a difficult thing to do but a humble person must step into the limelight every once in a while. Otherwise, someone else might just claim the credit that was earmarked for you.

To have high self worth one must __________.
One must be able to deliver on that worth 100% of the time (it's non-negotiable). If one refuses to give it their all then why bother. Right now, someone else is putting in the 100% that's needed and they will be recognized. It behooves you to do it before someone else does.

In what do you find your worthiness?
I find my worthiness in doing what I do because I do the best that I can. As long as I like it, I'm good with it! Doing the best that you can is always going to take you to place that makes you feel worthy.

Can a confident person feel unworthy? Explain.
A confident person can feel unworthy. As humans, we have all sorts of emotions running around our mind at any given time. Unworthiness included.

______________ makes one question their worth.
Accomplishing something then wondering what's next makes me question my worth. When something comes to an end there is this void of time and emotion that was fill when I was working on something . Now that void must be filled and that takes its toll on my sense of worth because I question what's next and will it be less or better than the previous accomplishment.

Success is not cohesive with worthiness. Agree/disagree? Explain.
Success is not cohesive with worthiness as success can be accomplished at any level. Worthiness is at a higher and deeper level in us, as human beings. Worthiness drives us in a different way. By this I mean, worthiness is what tells us we can start and complete something. Success is completing that something we started in a positive manner. In a way that could be considered a sizable return on the initial investment.


Thank you,
David Guerra

I invite you to follow me on Twitter: @daveguerra • visit my website: www.daveguerra.com

To order your copy of Great To Follow: Amazon paperback / Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble paperback
To order your copy of The Walking LeaderAmazon Paperback / Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble

Here are some Technorati Tags: •

No comments: