29 June 2023

Journal - Thursday - June 29, 2023 - ALMOST

ALMOST.


It is so very true that ALMOST only counts in Horseshoes and Hand Grenades. I know this to be true as I have thrown both. 

You have to throw both in order to full understand and comprehend just what almost really means. 

Sadly, I also understand the simplistic mindset that people all too often have. Sadly, ALMOST is their crutch to account for their mediocrity, their shortcomings, and their lame excuse for not doing.

Failing to do both (Horseshoes & Hand Grenades), you are stuck. You are stuck in a world full of people that "ALMOST" did this or "ALMOST" did that. Those are people that are mediocre to the core. There is no changing them. They are stuck. Stuck in their ways.

They may talk a good game. Hell they may even make you feel bad for them. But those that talk a good game lack something that certain: They can NEVER give a good fight.

Mediocrity demands never being capable of giving a good fight (but they almost can).

Do NOT fall for that trap.

Set a goal and make it happen. You do not know how many times I have heard people say "I almost wrote a book" or "I almost joined the Army." 

Almost this. Almost that.

What a crock! ALMOST = YOU AIN'T DONE CRAP!

SERIOUSLY, You are way better than that. 

Be A DOER not a wannabe or worse; an ALMOST.

-D 

P.S. I invite you to follow me on Twitter: @daveguerra • visit my website: www.daveguerra.com

P.P.S. To order your copy of Great To Follow: Amazon paperback / Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble paperback
To order your copy of The Walking LeaderAmazon Paperback / Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble

No comments: