16 May 2007

the dip (an update)

Well, I picked up my copy of The Dip by Seth Godin this past Monday night. I put off reading it for a day as I was going on a day trip today. The plan was for me to drive 2.5 hrs to our destination and a friend would drive the 2.5 back. It was then that I was going to read. Well plans change, it ended up with me driving all 5 hours. However, when I got home I did manage to read the first 13 pages. So my update will be on those first 13 pages.

WOW!!!

Seriously, Godin starts off with a body slam and a DDT to the mat with his latest writing. He shook me to the core when he slammed my favorite all time NFL Head Coach Vince Lombardi. He starts of by telling us that the famous quote "Quitter never win and winners never quits" is bad advice. OK, Seth you got my attention with that one. He sets up the book nicely, but on page 13 he gave me fuel for my fire in what I feel is the most powerful line so far of his book, "If you're not going to put in the effort to be my best possible choice, why bother?"

This is going to be a GREAT BOOK. More reports from the frontline to follow.

No comments: