03 May 2007

What is my name?

I just got a phone call. You know those phone calls, solictors. Even though I am on the NATIONAL DO NOT CALL LIST, they still call. When I tell them that my number is on the DO NOT CALL LIST they tell me that they are exempt because they are raising funds and not selling something. Always a loophole...Well, not today.

The home phone rang and I answered by saying "Hello" twice there was a silence, that should have tipped me off. That silence is the voice recognition system deciding whether you are you or your answering machine. Well some male voice comes on and starts to ask if he can speak to Mr. GER-ABALDA (what was that?). It was at this point that I told him as politely as I could, "If you cannot say my name right then you do not need to speak to me, good bye" *CLICK*

ATTENTION EVERYONE:
  • if you can't say a name then don't make the call.
  • If think you are going to have problems a name ask for help
  • If there is no one that can help then make the call but say you are going to spell the name of the person you are asking for, it won't make you sound weak to spell a name.
  • You will sound weak of you can't say a name properly.
How about showing a little respect, you might have had a chance to say your script before I would have hung up on you.

No comments: