22 August 2007

Twitter Rants

If you have been following me along on Twitter, you have undoubtedly noticed my rantings about email and how long to wait for a response. Well here is the story.

Approximately, two months ago I stumbled across someone who wrote "Would you like some help...? Need an **** or a ********* ***** for your *******?" It sounded like a great offer so I thought I would take him up on his offer and request some info to use the service he is still providing.

In my email dated July 23, I wrote "I visited your website and read that if people were interested then to contact you, well I am interested." I even included a reference to paying him for his service "Also we would need to begin dialogue on the cost for the..." All in all, the email was about 100 words long, straight and to the point.

Well two months have now passed and I have yet to hear an response to my simple request to initiate in some internet commerce. So my question has been how long do I have to wait?

Do I stop waiting and move on?
You bet!!! That individual has ceased to be authentic (I think he and the company he works for is supposed to be that), he ceased to be genuine (I think that he and the company he works for are attempting to make the world see them that way), and lastly he failed to deliver, in a timely manner, on his promise (I bet he and the company he works for would NEVER tolerate that from anyone). So why would I? Should I tolerate it from him? I understand that he was attempting to provide a solo service but he still is an ambassador of his organization. Therefore, what he does is a direct reflection of his company. Gee, I wonder what his partners think about that?

Well what did I expect?
What I expected was a timely response saying one of two things: "Thanks for your email Dave. Let's make something happen and it will cost you this much" or "You know Dave, I am extremely busy right not and will be a long while before I can get to this." Instead, I got nothing.

So what will I do?
I will move on. This blog post will be the last word on this subject with this individual. I will, however, not forget and when the time comes, I will remember that in some cases there are people that demand nothing less than perfection from others, but when they deliver less than perfection, it would not be allowed to hold them accountable. And that my friends is a crying shame.

No comments: