16 February 2008

At the sharp end of the view....

things are certainly as they appear. This week was truly a good one in all sense of the word good. I am about 99.999% over that two week cold/sinus condition and that is definitely a big plus.

That was not all that was good this week. I was excited to get into some of the new media activities that found themselves occurring this week. Joseph Jaffe over at JaffeJuice was part of the exciting MyOOVOOday event. It was where Jaffe in "9 sessions and 41 people in really awesome conversation" would get online using the oovoo software to make it happen. Technical difficulties prevented me from being the 42nd individual in the conversation. Not wanting to be left out I asked Mr. Jaffe if future myoovooday sessions would be made available and from what I have been able to pick up, there may be more on the way. So stay tuned kiddies.

However, that was not all that was going on. Noted author Seth Godin was promoting his latest book MEATBALL SUNDAE by way of a series of teleseminars through Elizabeth Marshall's "Author Teleseminars.com". So I spent my lunch hour this past Thursday listening to Seth Godin, Keith Ferrazzi, Mitch Meyerson, and Andrea J Lee deliver some great and valuable information. There was my "Chance to Hear Seth and Top Experts Without Leaving Your Office or Spending a Dime" and I took big time advantage of it.

To round out the work week, this past Friday I kicked off an idea that I had been toying with for quite a long time: The 12 o'clock Brown Bag Lunch Training series (12BBLT). The 12BBLT is a series of hour long software and hardware oriented training sessions from managing Email to creating strong passwords to installing/upgrading memory on your PC to installing and configuring a wireless adapter on your network. Right now, I have over 12 sessions ready to roll and with the first one successfully under my belt I have ask myself what took so long?

Well, no matter what I am glad that I did it and that people I heard speak this week continue to instill in others the idea that it is OK to do something you like. All the while giving everyone the tools to be successful at doing what they like.

As you can see it has been a great week, all the while being Dad, Hubby on V-Day, and an MBA student. See what can happen when you have 24 hours every day...wait a second you do!

let's tag this blog post with:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: