04 March 2008

Resolution Revisit

Yeah it's that time of the year again. OK, the third time out of twelve times. Today, here in Texas it is Super Tuesday and I do so hope you exercised your right as a citizen of the United States of America, that's all I am going to say about politics and the political process.

Now on with the show...Where do I stand on my resolutions? So far, I would have to say 50-50. I have been running and eating better still somehow managed to gain a few pounds (well 2) however, I am not discouraged.

As for the reading here is where I am at:
- January: Join The Conversation by Joseph Jaffe (which I started reading over the holidays in December)
- February: Be, Know, Do by Frances Hesselbein (Introduction), California School of Organizational Studies at Alliant International University Staff, Richard E. Cavanagh (Foreword by), Eric K. Shinseki (Introduction)
- March: In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan

I know that I said in February that Microtrends was on deck but when it came time buy the book, NPR had an interview with Michael Pollan and I was hooked, so Microtrends never made it into the shopping cart. Good thing for me, because two weeks ago 800-CEO-READ was offering something really cool. If I sent them $20, they would give the money to the ROOM TO READ organization, and 800-CEO-READ would send me three books from their vast holdings. Cool idea so they got my $20, well ROOM TO READ got my money. About two weeks later three cool books arrived at my door in the classic 8CR box. When I opened the box "with unbridled avarice" (to quote one of three favorite Christmas movies) what did my eyes see, right on top???? You got it...Microtrends: The Small Forces Behind Tomorrow's Big Changes along with The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work, and Team with Positive Energy, and Don't Gobble The Marshmallow...Ever!

So that pretty much sets me up, with reading, all they way to the end of June. None of this is taking into consideration any of my MBA reading requirements and I assure you they are quite hefty.

Enough about me, how are you and your resolutions doing?


A Nice Thank You Note from 800-CEO-READ
8CR Mystery Box

The books in my 8CR Mystery Box:


let's tag this post with:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

aaron said...

Thanks Dave, this made my day!

Dave Guerra said...

We aim to please.