02 December 2007

Sunday Nights (cramming a weekend into a few hours)

Lately, Sundays around here have been brutal. By this I mean, that I have been trying to cram the last of the projects that I had planned for the weekend into those few precious hours after Sunday dinner and bed time.

Does this mean that I am not properly executing my plans or failing to plan properly? Yes and no. Yes in that I am not finishing projects earlier in the weekend and No, in that some projects are bigger than I think when I agree to begin them. Then there are those family commitments that have no choice but to get done. So where does that put me?

This is not a pity party. This is just an observation with a realization that I need to start saying NO to people and projects. While it is always difficult to pass up on paying projects just as it is difficult to pass up on those Pro Bono projects. Still they all have one thing in common, they take time.

While GTD may come into play here. I might just have to reconsider the fact that GTD on the weekends might sound like a plan, is just not for me. By this I mean that I really should not have to prioritize what is happening, especially when I like to reserve the weekends as spontaneous time with the kids. So what's a guy to do?

Throw GTD out the window, at least between 5:00pm Friday and 8:00am Monday. We'll continue this tomorrow. Right now I have a couple more things to do before hitting the hay

tags used: , ,

No comments: