14 December 2007

'Tis the season

Here we are RUNNING head first into the holiday season. By now you have been bombarded with holiday advertisement after holiday advertisement. Have you noticed that each ad claims that it is offering the biggest discounts of the season?

Tonight, for no less than four different times in an hour I saw the same TV ad for KOHLS declaring that this weekend's sales have the biggest discounts of the season. I can only imagine how much bigger next weekend's discounts will be, "bigger than the biggest discounts of the season" maybe?

Remember back on my Black Friday post when I mentioned that retail merchants will always make a profit, so this then begs the question: "How deep can those discounts go?"

I guess we'll find out next weekend.

tags used here: , , , ,

No comments: