04 August 2014

MIDDAY NUGGET: Do you know what time it is?



This is the story of one company and three different hours of operations.

Last Saturday, my wife received a text message telling her that her new glasses were ready. It also said that she could pick them up anytime between 8AM and 5PM Monday through Friday. Great, she had been looking forward to her new glasses when she had them ordered over a week prior to that.

So come Monday morning she arrives at 8:00 AM sharp. She tries to open the door but no dice it is still closed. Then she notices that the sign on the door says OPEN M-F 8:30 to 5:30PM. She then see people inside and thinks to herself that this might be a mistake. Why send a text message telling her to show up at 8 AM to pick up her glasses. No answer, until the answering machine answers.

The voice recording states that they are closed and that the hours of operation are 8:20 (yes, EIGHT - TWENTY) AM to 6:00 PM. She hangs up and gives me a call.

She then fills me in on the different time situation. Then I visit their website and confirm their hours of operations: 8:20 AM to 6:00 PM. Their Facebook page says: 8:30 AM to 6:00PM.

I pass along what I just learned to my wife. She said she will wait until they open their doors for business. She called me later.

They finally opened the door at 8:30AM. The technician that assisted her with the fitting of her glasses was very professional and had it all done in within 10 minutes. Before she left, my wife, asked the technician why she was texted one time, the answering machine said a different time, and the front door something different.

Why the 3 different times?

My wife said that the lady rolled her eyes said, "oh, I know who texted you. I will tell the doctor about the different times."

That was it! Nothing more.

I spot checked today and all three different times remain in place.

WHAT DOES ANY OF THIS MEAN?

Business Owners if you want to confuse your clients and potential clients and keep them guessing? Want to lose clients and potential clients keep them guessing about your hours of operation?

Then do anything and everything you can to keep them guessing. Leave then confused about your hours of operation. Make absolutely certain they have no idea what your mission statement is. Above all, leave them completely baffled as to what your are selling or buying or producing or manufacturing.

Seriously, it is 2014 and there is absolutely no need to keep people guessing.


Thank you,
David Guerra

P.S. I do invite you to join the conversation and tell me what you think about this post and all the others here on my blog.

As always you can read this blog post in its original location at http://daveguerra.blogspot.com

I invite you to
follow me on Twitter: @daveguerra
visit my website: www.daveguerra.com

To order your copy of The Walking Leader:  Amazon Paperback / Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble

Here are some Technorati Tags: •

No comments: