08 October 2014

Leave a Positive Legacy


Do everything you can including moving heaven and earth to ensure that your legacy is something positive and not something that would be best kept swept under a rug.

Personal or Professional, it does not matter because in the end your legacy will be clumped into one. Who hasn’t heard this before: “He was a great philanthropist but a lousy husband”?

It was not too long ago, that I was listening to a fellow author speak of her work and how it affected her family. She said that in one of her works she included a story about a family member that had a not-so pleasant truth. When her family read it, they were not too pleased about the content. They rather it be kept swept under the rug.

That’s OK; after all, it was the truth. Good or bad, the truth is the truth.

The family felt that the legacy of a family elder would be tarnished because of what the author wrote.

The author wrote what the author felt was the truth. She was not about to create a falsehood that would completely change the family member’s legacy. Then what would be worthy of sweeping under the rug?

Remember, we are all dead longer than we are alive. Future generations will want to know about the members of their family tree. Everyone is curious about those that came before us. I know that when I look up my family tree, I hope to find some great explorer, a world-renowned doctor, or at least, a wonderful teacher. I did find several members of the Greatest Generation.

However, that has all changed now.

Readers, I ask that you do something now before it is too late. Challenge your family (both at home and work) to do what they can now to change their legacy and ultimately their family tree.

Thank you,
David Guerra

I invite you to follow me on Twitter: @daveguerra • visit my website: www.daveguerra.com

To order your copy of The Walking LeaderAmazon Paperback / Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble

Here are some Technorati Tags: •

No comments: