30 October 2023

Journal - Monday - October 30, 2023 - SELF-RELIANCE

image by Herbert Aust from Pixabay

SELF-RELIANCE

Here is one that EVERYONE must master.

You must master SELF-RELIANCE with GREAT HUMILITY.

There are NO celebrations for your SELF-RELIANCE.

There are no cookies and punch when you declare things such as, "I have done it, by myself, for so long" or "I don't need no man" or "I don't need a woman to do what I can do for myself" or "Why do I need a partner when I can do it myself?"

See, no cookies, no cake, no confetti! 

Why?

Because everyone should must be SELF-RELIANT. 

Congratulations! You are succeeding in being a self-sufficient person.

You can achieve what is expected of you and not one thing more.

SELF-RELIANCE means you can survive. 

However, SELF-RELIANCE is more than chopping wood or carrying water.

SELF-RELIANCE is about you SELFLESSLY doing what it takes to thrive.

To thrive as an individual. 

However, if you choose to wear your perception of SELF-RELIANCE as a badge of honor, well don't expect to receive a medal or a ribbon or even a cake from the rest of the world.

We are too busy doing our thing. 

But if you absolutely need validation, then start by looking in the mirror and try to fool yourself.

Remember, you are not fooling anyone. 

-David Guerra

P.S. I invite you to follow me on Twitter: @daveguerra • visit my website: www.daveguerra.com

P.P.S. To order your copy of Great To Follow: Amazon paperback / Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble paperback
To order your copy of The Walking LeaderAmazon Paperback / Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble

No comments: