07 December 2005

MY VISION OF 2005 AND LOOK FORWARD TO IN 2006 #7

CALENDAR KNOWS BEST

2005: In 2005, I gave up wearing a watch. Totally?, well maybe not, let's say I gave up it 99.998% of the time. At first it was difficult getting used to not looking at my wrist to tell me what time it was and reminding me that I was a slave to time. No matter what we are all slaves to time. We talk about how fast time flies. Look 2005 is just about over, where did the year go? To look at my calendar, I know exactly where it went.

So what does this mean? It means that if you or I wanted to know where I am or where I was,

my calendar was the place to check. My calendar became an extension of who I was in 2005. It was not only the center of my existence it became the center of my victories and of my FAILURES. There they were in a date square, in black and white with a time written next to it.

Someone once wrote that "we are what we eat" if that's the case then by all sense we are our calendar. Good or bad??? It doesn't matter, what matters is that this is who we are. When properly used you/your calendar will reveal everything about who you are: What is important, as well as what habits you continue to feed (manicure anyone?). Ultimately, it reveals to everyone and anyone that reads your calendar, what matters most to you.

2006: In 2006, I will continue to keep me/my calendar up-to-date. I will also hope to start looking at other people's calendars. Not to see what matters most to them but to see when they will be available to do lunch. I will also start adding more dates on my calendar that center on what matters most.

No comments: