09 December 2005

MY VISION OF 2005 AND LOOK FORWARD TO IN 2006 #9

PERMANENCE, or the lack thereof
2005: Tom Peters writes about PERMANENCE, "Put your all into surviving today’s tsunamis of change…and let the day after tomorrow take care of itself." The year is 2005 and there are people that still believe that permanence is the ONLY way things get done. HA HA HA nothing could be further from the truth. Permanence is yesterday. Today, if you hang around too long people will start to forget to dust you off.

2006: In 2006, I can assure you that there will be change, the only permanence will be that I will be changing and I will expect change and you will expect change from me. I will be dusting myself off and dusting off those relationships that have become an expected permenance.

Don't you think it is time for a change?

No comments: