11 May 2009

Mother's Day 2009

Sunday, May 10, 2009 was Mother's Day and I trust your Mom had a wonderful day. I do so hope my mother had a wonderful day. Seeing as my mom is over 300 miles away I won't know for sure but what I do know is that she didn't get my Mother's Day gift to her on time. As a matter of fact, it's still out there in the ether known as the US Postal Service. While I know they are taking great care of what I sent her and I am not blaming them, I am blaming myself.

The blame is in the fact that her gift was sent late. It was sent on Wednesday, which means it didn't make it out of the Post Office until sometime after the Sun set, thus giving it two and a half days of travel and sorting time. Hopefully, it will be in her hands on Monday. I know she did not sound too thrilled that what I sent she had not yet received.

I have really got to start getting a better grasp of time management as well as getting things back on track and focused. Lately, I have been letting a lot of the small stuff pass me and I have been focusing on things that are NOT important.

Let's talk about the four quadrants (remember the 7 habits of highly effective people). Recently, I have been living in the world known as NOT IMPORTANT and NOT URGENT, while what is Important and Urgent has been kicked to the curb.

Of course, family, school, and work have been and will always be at the top and in that order, but the small stuff continues to get overlooked and unfortunately gets cast aside or altogether forgotten.

You know they say that admitting there is a problem is the first step to recovery. So now that you know that I know that I have a problem, what's step two?

Talk to you later,
Dave

Here are some Technorati Tags:

No comments: