19 May 2009

Thing or two about relationships

Lately, I have noticed a rash of relationship problems. Not my problems directly but those closest to me seem to have their own problems with building and sustaining relationships. While not looking like I am interfering but then again, this is my blog, therefore I give you the following:

There is no simple trick to making relationships work, either they do or they don’t. Of course, both parties have to work at it…together. Otherwise what’s the point?

I offer these two things to remember:
1. Relationships are not solely about what the other person can give you. If all you want in a relationship is for someone to give you something, then you are in a relationship for all the wrong reason. Remember, in order to get something you must certainly be the one to give something first.

2. Relationships are about being genuine. If the other person(s) are genuine in how they feel about you and you are genuine about how you feel for the other person(s), rest assured the relationship will take you to the places yet undiscovered.

As I wrote this, it dawned on me that I left out what this really all about Being Persistent and Being Patient.

Here are some Technorati Tags:

No comments: