08 January 2015

About New Year's Resolutions

Happy New Year!

Make any resolutions?

How good are you at keeping New Year's Resolutions? You know the kind of resolutions I am taking about, don't you?

Sure you do. We've all made them. This year I promise to lose fifty pounds, this year I promise to work out, this year I promise to not drink so much, and so on and so on.

They all sound pretty awesome as we declare what we will do as Auld Lang Syne plays in the background as the clock strikes midnight on New Year's morning.

Pretty cool...until you sober up in the morning and ask yourself "did I really say I was going to do that?" You decide "what the heck" and try to make it happen.

You start off great. All of us start off great. However, for the majority of us it doesn't last very long. Sometime close to Burns Supper (January 25th) all those resolutions fly right out the window and are never brought to mind until the day after next Christmas.

So why do we bother?

We bother because we know the new year is upon us and there is not a thing we can do to about it. We know the calendar is going to change and we expect that calendar change to bring us plenty of good.

We ride that wave of upcoming change by adding on some of the things we would like to change about ourselves.

But why do most people not see those resolutions to the end? Your guess is as good as mine.

Seriously, everyone has their unique reason. That's alright by me. However, the one thing that I see that gives everyone hope for a great year is that they recognize change happens and change will continue to happen.

Change happens for everyone and they can either ride that change to its inevitable conclusion, more changes or they can fight it but who can fight time.

Happy New Year.
David Guerra
I invite you to follow me on Twitter: @daveguerra • visit my website: www.daveguerra.com

To order your copy of The Walking LeaderAmazon Paperback / Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble

Coming Soon: Great To Follow

Here are some Technorati Tags: •

No comments: