03 July 2023

Journal - Monday - July 3, 2023 - REST

The day between Sunday and a Holiday is what it is.
A day of rest.

Whether you worked today or took the day off. It was a rest day. 

A day of rest in the sense of NOT having to get anything done (aside from cleaning the house) but that happens anyway. 

If I was at work today, the bare minimum would get done because others that I need to get things done with are OFF. So that takes care of that, However, as a day off should be treated as such, today is one of those rare days that fall between a holiday and a weekend. 

Because it is a rare occurrence it must be treated as a rarity. Trust me when I say the day after Thanksgiving here in the United States does not count.

So mark your calendars for next 4th of July. The day after Independence Day 2024 will be that kind of day. See 2024 is a leap year. That will push every day one more day forward starting on March 1st. Thus, the 4th day of July will fall on Thursday. That makes Friday the 5th that special day of rest.

So start planning early or don't. That is up to you so don't blame me when you start moaning and groaning with your tired "shoulda" taken the day off. 

Folks, sometimes all we need is to rest and when the opportunity arises, take it.

-D

P.S. I invite you to follow me on Twitter: @daveguerra • visit my website: www.daveguerra.com

P.P.S. To order your copy of Great To Follow: Amazon paperback / Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble paperback
To order your copy of The Walking LeaderAmazon Paperback / Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble

No comments: