19 February 2014

Something to Consider On Being A Strong Leader: Don't Do Things You Don't Want To Do

DON'T DO THINGS YOU DON'T WANT TO DO


Don't do things you don't want to do. There is something to be said for not falling to peer pressure. OK, there is a lot to be said. I would say that at the top of the list is PEACE OF MIND.

Of course, there are things that you don't want to do but have to be done. Things like paying your bills, going to work, taking out the trash are the things that must be done but you know that.

It's those "if they are going to jump off a bridge" things that I am talking about. In school, at work, at home there will be times that you will find yourself being "pushed" to do things you do not want to do.

It is at this point in life that you will have to answer your own question, choose between doing what they want you to do and what you want to do. Trust me when I say there will be plenty of these moments all your life. Some will be easy to overcome while others might take a while to overcome.

Let me give you this little tip: You usually know within the first 5 seconds whether you are going to do it or not. The longer it takes to say you are going to do your thing is you trying to find a way out of it and still remain one of the cool kids.

Just say NO or YES depending on what the answer is to what you want to do, especially if it is your own thing and just do it.


Thank you,
Dave Guerra

P.S. I do invite you to join the conversation and tell me what you are thinking.

As always you can read this blog post in its original location at http://daveguerra.blogspot.com

I invite you to
follow me on Twitter: @daveguerra
visit my website: www.daveguerra.com

To order your copy of The Walking Leader:  Amazon Paperback / Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble

Here are some Technorati Tags: •

No comments: