11 February 2014

Something to Consider On Being A Strong Leader: Don't Hold Grudges

DO NOT HOLD GRUDGES

What? Are you still holding a grudge? If you are a 5th grader then go ahead and hold that grudge. However, if you are a well past the age of 10 years old then it is time to let it go.

See, I let go of all my grudges. Oh there, are still some people that will never ever get my attention or occupy any space near me ever again. I also hold no ill-will towards them or anyone. They have to live with the pain and suffering they have caused me. I have to deal with the nonsense they have put me and family through, as well. However, I hope that at least one of them will know that what happened made her stronger. The other, I hope, knows that if it wasn't for more evidence there would have been criminal charges filed against him. The last one, unfortunately, her ego will not allow her to accept the fact that she did break my heart and my family's heart. She will never accept responsibility for her actions but as I wrote that's on her.

Pretty harsh? It may sound like it but the truth usually is.

Oh yeah, there have been others but to all of them I hold no grudge. It got me nowhere when I did hold a grudge. However, when I let it go, good things started to happen. I realized they are the ones that have to live with the fact that they are no longer worthy of my time, my attention, and my energy.

My advice to you is if you are going to hold a grudge, hold a grudge for no more than five minutes, then let it go. You will feel such a burden lifted off your shoulders and that's a good thing.


Thank you,
Dave Guerra

P.S. I do invite you to join the conversation and tell me what you are thinking.

As always you can read this blog post in its original location at http://daveguerra.blogspot.com

I invite you to
follow me on Twitter: @daveguerra
visit my website: www.daveguerra.com

To order your copy of The Walking Leader:  Amazon Paperback / Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble

Here are some Technorati Tags: •

No comments: