23 June 2014

The MIDDAY NUGGET: A word or two about Customer Service (again)


Hello and Welcome to the MIDDAY NUGGET.

This morning, I had the pleasure of a client giving my organization and I a compliment. He complimented me on the level of customer service my organization offers the customer.

After thanking him, I told him that it really is nothing; it is just what we do. He went on to add that since moving to the area, he has been frustrated with the lack of customer service and organizational follow through from the majority of the companies he has dealt with since arriving. He went on to explain that he has dealt with roofing contractors that are eager for the contract but take too long to complete the project. He added that they would show up one day and then disappear for several days with no notification (not even a text).

I could only imagine just how much of a half-assed job they do when they do show up.  Seriously, that is as far as I will go badmouthing the no-name roofing contractor. However, I feel confident that many of the homeowners reading this blog post know of or heard of a not-so scrupulous roofing contractor.

Enough about roofing contractors and back to the issue at hand: customer service.

During our conversation, we both came to the agreement that it is EXTREMELY easy and simple to offer all the organization's stakeholders.

It really is.

I know that I have instructed my staff they are NOT to behave in a manner that is less that courteous.  When they are face-to-face with a stakeholder, they are to give 100% attention and follow through. They are to own the interaction from beginning to end.  If they hand off the transaction to a co-worker they are still expected to do the follow-up (i.e., did everything get resolved?)

It is that simple.

However, it is when organizations and their managers refuse to acknowledge and expect from their employees nothing less than EXCELLENCE that problems start to come to the surface. The next thing anyone knows, that manager or business owner is reacting to something that a smile, a thank you, or a simple phone call would have prevented.

Yes, It Is That Simple.



Thank you,
Dave Guerra

P.S. I do invite you to join the conversation and tell me what you are thinking.

As always you can read this blog post in its original location at http://daveguerra.blogspot.com

I invite you to
follow me on Twitter: @daveguerra
visit my website: www.daveguerra.com

To order your copy of The Walking Leader:  Amazon Paperback / Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble

Here are some Technorati Tags: •

No comments: