05 April 2014

ABCs of 2014: Always Be OBSERVING

Today's ABCs of 2014 is: ALWAYS BE OBSERVING.
A for Always, B for Be, and C for Observing (the C is silent).

Keeping your eyes open and observing the world around you is one of those critical leadership skills that cannot go unused.

By being observant you can see what's on the horizon. You can see what is behind you. You can see what is to right and left of you.

Don't get me wrong, I know you don't have eyes in the back of your head, like mom does. I am referring to the fact that as a leader, you must always be looking all around you. Also, look at the present, plan for the future and refer to the past.

(IMPORTANT: Notice I wrote REFER to the past. Be careful not to get bogged down and start to dwell on the past. You are to only use the past as a point of reference.)

By Always Being Observing you will be better prepared to handle the good times and the bad times. You will be able to anticipate when to step to the right or dodge to left or when to pick up the pace and when to slow down. Now, that's a good thing.



Thank you,
Dave Guerra

P.S. I do invite you to join the conversation and tell me what you are thinking.

As always you can read this blog post in its original location at http://daveguerra.blogspot.com

I invite you to
follow me on Twitter: @daveguerra
visit my website: www.daveguerra.com

To order your copy of The Walking Leader:  Amazon Paperback / Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble

Here are some Technorati Tags: •

No comments: