27 April 2014

The 5 Things I Learned Last Week (week ending Frilday, April 25, 2014)

Here are the 5 Things I Learned This Week.


•  Give Credit where and when credit is due. ALWAYS GIVE CREDIT. If you ever fail to give that credit you will be found out as a fraud, a liar, a poser. Remember, the truth always comes out.

• Sometimes, the only way people know how to express gratitude is by paying you. Take it. No questions asked and buy something cool for your organization.

• Know your limits when it comes to performing your job. What I mean by that this is, ALWAYS be truthful to the customer and tell them that you cannot do the job. Then find them someone who can do it. This then creates a bond with that customer. Why? They know that they can trust you do their job, the right way. Who knows they might just come back the very next day and give you work. It's true it happened to me this week.

• It still surprises me that people will come back into your business life time and time again looking to be part of the team. Then when they are given the opportunity to be part of the team they are blow it away. They refuse to work and then refuse to show up. Seriously, why do people want to waste their time playing these nonsense games. Then again, why ruin any future chance with the company by misleading the organization? Some things I may never understand.

• It is critical that everyone understands your organization's mission and vision. If you have to draw a picture and explain it using 3rd grade reading level words then you will have to do that. Your organization's mission and vision is just that important. Your staff are that important, as well.

Well those are just five of the things I learned this week. What did you learn?


Thank you,
Dave Guerra

P.S. I do invite you to join the conversation and tell me what you are thinking.

As always you can read this blog post in its original location at http://daveguerra.blogspot.com

I invite you to
follow me on Twitter: @daveguerra
visit my website: www.daveguerra.com

To order your copy of The Walking Leader:  Amazon Paperback / Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble

Here are some Technorati Tags: •

No comments: