18 April 2014

ABCs of 2014: Always Be ZANY

Today's ABCs of 2014 is: ALWAYS BE ZANY.
A for Always, B for Be, and C for cZany (the C is silent).

Last piece of advice for the ABCs of 2014 is to ALWAYS BE ZANY.

That's right! Be Zany.

As a leader, you expect people to take you seriously and you know you have to take yourself seriously.

However, you don't have to be so serious that you start to lose touch with the little things in life. Don't be so serious that you forget how to have fun.

Schedule time to do something amusingly unconventional and idiosyncratic, something zany. Yes! make being zany part of your weekly (better yet, daily) calendar. 

Take a break and do something unexpected and fun. Do that and people will recognize you as a well-rounded individual and leader. That is a very good thing.

NOTE: we're done with the ABCs of 2014 but I am NOT done with pursuing leadership one step at a time. I am not done. Not by a long shot!


Thank you,
Dave Guerra

P.S. I do invite you to join the conversation and tell me what you are thinking.

As always you can read this blog post in its original location at http://daveguerra.blogspot.com

I invite you to
follow me on Twitter: @daveguerra
visit my website: www.daveguerra.com

To order your copy of The Walking Leader:  Amazon Paperback / Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble

Here are some Technorati Tags: •

No comments: