06 March 2014

col • lab • o • ra • tive / Do you have what it takes?

Do you have what it takes?
Are you able to collaborate with others? Are you able to work with others?  Let me clarify, are you able to work with…others?

Let me clarify even further, are you able to work with?

Do you get what I am asking? No?

I am asking if you are able to work WITH others?

I'm not asking if you are able to direct, supervise, manage, or dictate others to get the job done.

I am asking if you can work with others to achieve a goal or complete a mission together?

Being a leader, requires you not only have the capability to direct and manage but the wherewithal to dive into the trenches and work with those you supervise and those you do not supervise.

As a leader, you will be required to collaborate and be collaborative!  Fail to do that and you are nothing but a manager.  There's no two ways around it you are what you are!

So put away your preconceived notions and get to work!

(definition courtesy of Google.com)

Thank you,
Dave Guerra

P.S. I do invite you to join the conversation and tell me what you are thinking.

As always you can read this blog post in its original location at http://daveguerra.blogspot.com

I invite you to
follow me on Twitter: @daveguerra
visit my website: www.daveguerra.com

To order your copy of The Walking Leader:  Amazon Paperback / Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble

Here are some Technorati Tags: •

No comments: