01 March 2014

in • teg • ri • ty / Do you have what it takes?

Do you have what it takes? 


INTEGRITY! The small word packs a punch that to have people ask you if you have it will leave most people shaking in their shoes. No matter how you have lived your life up to the moment that you are asked you will have to stop and think about it.

It is those people that say "YES!" and do so without batting an eye that I worry about. To me, they have sold themselves on the idea that YES is the right thing to say. They say it almost as a defensive reaction and not something they have said after reflecting on the question. Sure, some people will say if you have to stop and think about it you don't have an ounce of integrity in you. I say that you have to constantly evaluate yourself.

So take your time in answer and answer truthfully. My answer is "For the most part yes. I try to live an honest life based on good moral principles that I have acquired and hone over the course of my life." 

Then again, your perception of what integrity is and isn't is subjective. It is subjective as everyone's view will vary.

Remember, the ONLY perception that truly matters is yours!

(definition courtesy of Google.com)

Thank you,
Dave Guerra

P.S. I do invite you to join the conversation and tell me what you are thinking.

As always you can read this blog post in its original location at http://daveguerra.blogspot.com

I invite you to
follow me on Twitter: @daveguerra
visit my website: www.daveguerra.com

To order your copy of The Walking Leader:  Amazon Paperback / Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble

Here are some Technorati Tags: •

No comments: